Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Why I...........

overreact.
I have always overreacted to everything because I've known too many people who don't react...at all.
I'm constantly telling Juan that he needs to stop watching his life go by.
I get mad.
I cry.
I laugh.
I talk too much.
There are days when I talk too little (if you can believe that).
I'm writing about this topic specifically because it's something I'll always do and something I've always struggled with.
I can never find the middle ground for being angry...there's times when I'm so pissed that I'll say anything, even if I know it'll hurt the person and five minutes later, I'm standing or sitting there regretting it. I hate hurting people, despite what some might think.
The one time you'll see me "live in the moment" is when I'm writing an angry email as I did today.
I write and write and write and then I just press 'send' without thinking. I don't do this all of the time but it happens. All I can say is that I'm sorry for being so harsh even though I still stand by what I said.
Almost every day, I end up saying something I don't mean or I say something that was meant to come out differently.
I will say this, whether the person reads it or not, I know that I'm a handful but this is who I am and probably who I'll always be. I believe in standing up for what I believe in, advocating for my friends and other loved ones and apologizing when I know I was wrong.
I'm wrong for overreacting but justified in feeling the way that I do.
I'm pretty sure that the majority of the close friends I currently have, will continue being a large part of my life for years to come.
I'm sorry. But..I still stand by what I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment