Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Reason for lack of updates

I haven't updated in more than a week because school's been keeping me incredibly busy.
I worked really hard on my review for Crisp; I haven't written anything in about six months so this was my first piece out of hibernation.
When I left it to the layout editors, it was flawless.
I get the copy of the paper today, the page looks awesome. I read it.
I find the biggest mistake of all the mistakes I've ever seen in ANY of my articles.
Whoever did layout spelled not one, not two, but three words IN A ROW wrong.
So I look really stupid, even though the rest of the article is fine.
The online version has no errors but the hard copy....I don't even know.
I'm disappointed because I'm more of a visual person; telling me things gets you nowhere, showing me is where it all begins. So when I look at my page, this beautiful use of color from the photos I took and photoshopped, I'm just so disappointed that whoever put the corrections in was careless. I don't want to bring a hard copy to the owner. I'm embarrassed by the mistake in print.
I really wanted to frame this or something. I can't do anything with it because people are stupid.
Within the next few days I'll post the link to my review of Crisp. I have to email the web team some additional information for my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment