Sunday, April 11, 2010

My unemployment has run out...

So I am on a deep, deep search for a job. Any job will do.
I even stooped so low as to apply for a position as a sandwich maker at Jimmy John's. Tomorrow I have a job interview and I could not be more nervous because I really need this job.
As you know, whoever's reading this, the U.S. economy is pure...shit. Excuse my language, but it is.
I no longer qualify for unemployment funds so I've been checking my email like crazy hoping that somebody, anybody found me charming on craiglist and decided to give me a job.
I am treating the interview I have tomorrow as if I'm just meeting up with a friend to talk about my work experience because the more pressure I put on myself, the less likely I am to get the job. I always find a way to have mouth diarrhea (you talk too much) or lack thereof (you don't talk at all). I find that when I don't really care about getting the job or not getting it, I land the interview.
But this job I really do want because I feel like the company and I are a great fit..they need someone who can proof read, help make their website better, send out emails and answer phones....I am good at all of these things. I've been exchanging emails with the person who's doing the hiring and we seem to get along alright.
Here's hoping.

2 comments:

  1. I have crossed my fingers, toes, eyes etc for you. I hope your interview went well and that you get this job that sounds so right for you!

    ReplyDelete