Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I'll be blogging about regularly


As I've explained in a few past entries, I suffer from hair loss. It mostly has to do with the grief of losing my dad - because I noticed that shortly after he passed, my hair was falling out a lot and not growing back. My hair used to be very long, past my shoulders, and now it's very short, chin length. I'd just like to have the option of growing my hair out and not wondering if everyone can see my scalp. Over the past few years, I switched over to Aveda products because I knew that with less natural products I ran the risk of losing more hair and doing more damage. I also stopped blow drying my hair as much (which is why I also cut it short). I've read a number of reviews about this product, mostly coming from Indian or African American women. I also noticed that a lot of older women were reviewing coconut oil products.
I found out about how amazing coconut oil is when I was working at a pet store and my boss insisted that we have weekly meetings - One week we had a discussion about coconut oil and she told us that it helps with hair growth and strength.
At first I was worried that coconut oil may make my hair fall out even more but I haven't come across anyone who has made complaints about it. Some people noticed no changes but also did not have any major hair issues and other people showed photos and videos of what their hair looked like before they started using coconut oil and after.
At this point I'm willing to try anything. Now I don't look like a cancer patient (not meant to be offensive) undergoing chemotherapy and I don't have big bald patches but my hair is very, very thin. It was once very thick, which is why I was able to grow it so long. When I noticed that a large portion of my hair in the middle of my head was not growing, I went back to my natural part which is on my left side of my head. I don't have dandruff but I do have a dry scalp.
Besides blogging about the Vatika Coconut Oil I just purchased and will start using next week, I will also be writing about the treatment that I plan on doing (two to three times a week, with a shower cap, for 1/2 an hour to an hour) and I also plan on writing about the shampoos and conditioners I'm using.
I know this is a big no-no but I've been using the same shampoo and conditioner for almost a year now and I think that also participates in my hair looking so lifeless lately.
So anyways, I just figured that this is something interesting I can write about for the next few weeks. I will of course still update about my personal life and am hoping to start blogging about food again as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment