Monday, February 28, 2011

my birthday

This was probably the best birthday I've had in a long time.
The majority of the people who matter most to me were there. Samson and Danny both had weird colds and I didn't want to catch what either of them had.
Ian went to Build-A-Bear and made me a Hello Kitty plushy. She talks and has little Hello Kitty slippers. When I looked into the box, I saw this little plastic box.
It was an iTouch.
I love it. Not only for the different apps I can play with but the music. The sound is a lot better for some reason. Before this, I was using my mom's hand me down iPod which I've been using for the past 4 years or so. It's developed a number of dings and scratches over time. I got a little bit of birthday money so the next day I went over to Best Buy and bought a cheap case for the back of the itouch and one of those protective things for the front.
I've been wanting one for months now and was not expecting Ian to get it for me even though I've told him I wanted to get one for myself in the past.
My mother gave me $25......it's a nice gesture but it's really sad when your friends give you more money than your own mom or put more effort into a gift than your own mom.
Juan made me a birthday mix cd which I put on my ipod the next day. He also got me Sex and the City season 1, a Julia Child book and an Audrey Hepburn poster with a quote from Breakfast at Tiffany's. (I am absolutely obsessed with Audrey Hepburn.)
Ian went to Dinkel's bakery and got me a cake made. It was chocolate with chocolate lol and had raspberry preserves in the middle.
My cousin Joe and his wife Mitzie drove in from Wisconsin for my birthday so that was nice. I haven't seen them in over a year.
My friends and I built a giant blanket fort in my basement and I loved it so much that I crossed out my original plan of sleeping upstairs comfortably in my bed and slept downstairs in the fort with everyone, including Ian. I got a whole 4 1/2 hours of sleep because I routinely wake up around 9 or 9:30 and certain people were up until 5:30 talking.
On my actual birthday, my cousins, my mom, Ian and I went over to the nursing home to see my grandma. It was not good. That's all I'll say. Ian said we should go see her more often, just the two of us, but I nearly had a breakdown when I first saw her because she was so nasty to me. My grandmother has alzheimer's and at one point, I was the ONLY person she still knew by name and face. Now I'm just another stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment