Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My New Job

My last day at the dog store was last Saturday. I emailed my boss the following Monday from California and told her I wouldn't be returning to the shop because I found a new job.
I now work in an office downtown, which makes the commute a bit easier since I don't have to rely on more than one bus and the trains here are usually very fast.
I went in for the interview last Friday, worked Saturday at the dog shop and went on vacation for a week.
Yesterday was my first day here and so far, it's just great. But I think anything is great compared to working for the devil. She was the worst boss in the world and I'm just glad to be out of there and away from her. I do miss James, my manager and I miss hearing stories about Kayla, the other girl who worked there but as my mom said, if I had turned down this job and stayed at the dog store I would have regretted it and I believe that now more than ever. I get my own desk. Nobody watches over me or constantly makes me talk. Nobody down talks me. No one makes me cry. And most importantly, nobody makes me go out and walk their dog.
I'm getting paid more now, which will make it less of a struggle for Ian and I and hopefully when I get on my feet, I'll be able to help Ian pay a bit more of the rent.
I like this job because so far, they're happy with my work and they know how to give positive reinforcement.
It's your standard 9-5 office job and right now, that's what I desperately need and want.
For the first time in a long time, I'm happy in the work place.

No comments:

Post a Comment