Friday, February 24, 2012

I'm moving my blog!

Hi small group of followers,
I've decided to set up shop on tumblr. This is where I'll be posting from now on. About a week ago, my email account was hacked and even though it's not the one I use for blogger, I became really paranoid and decided to just transfer any important stuff (i.e. my blog) to something fresh and new.
When I started this blog, I wanted it to be about food and how much I loved the different restaurants in Chicago but it very quickly became more about my adoption, my inability to choose a major in college, my rocky relationship with Ian, my horrible relationship with my mother, work, etc.
On Tumblr, I will still be doing that but I also just want to talk more about being fat. I feel like society puts this huge pressure on plus size women to lose weight and to hate yourself until you're as thin as a stick. Frankly, I will never be super thin and I really need to get a hold of myself and accept that. I don't enjoy food a lot of the time anymore and am just indifferent about eating in general because I'm unhappy about how I look and how people make me feel I should look.
Also -
I still don't have a job.
I got the stomach flu from Ian.
My birthday is tomorrow and I still feel...odd. Like something is still off.
I have pretty much no money.
Oh...WE'RE MOVING and we're really excited about it.
Please, please, please KEEP READING. I will still be keeping this account open so I can continue reading your blogs (yes, I do read your blogs. I just don't comment.)

2 comments:

  1. HI Victoria my name's Nami. I randomly stumbled about your page as I was contemplating putting yet another cooking product in my hair to improve its softness, (in this case, it was coconut oil) and I found enjoyment in reading some of your thoughts. The sarcasm during your states of frustration and constant self-analyzing remind me of myself, I think :)

    Please keep writing, as this is the first time since my Xanga days (middle school?) that I've blogged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much. very much appreciated. i've talked a little bit about my hair experiments on my tumblr blog. i still treat my hair with coconut oil.
    tea tree oil will also make your hair very, very soft. just don't use too much or it will burn your scalp.

    ReplyDelete