Thursday, May 6, 2010

Post before bedtime.

Since I still need something to keep me occupied, I've decided to write a book.
I figure it will take about three years to complete based on all of the research and traveling that is required of me in order for me to completely devote myself to the book and give it the respect it deserves.
It's an idea that I came up with in my creative writing class about two years ago and I just never really followed through with it. I am also going to get back into my scrap booking stuff - It isn't really scrap booking, it's journaling with photos and magazine stuff, somewhat hard to explain so I'll take photos at some point. I started doing "scrap booking" when I was 14-years-old. I showed it to my Gallery37 teacher at the time and he said that the stuff I was making was something that rich people would want on their coffee tables to prove that they're indie and hip and "in it" but that I could probably make a lot of money selling my memories or putting things like that together for other people. The thing is that the "scrap booking" takes about a year to do, if you want to be detailed with the coloring and the gluing. I don't use tape or staples, I glue everything in - I like the way the layers feel...Having one layer of a photo and then two or three layers of magazine cut outs underneath photos. I use pastels and water color paints. I haven't worked on a "scrap book" in more than a year so Ian is not even in it. That would probably be my main focus.
I have three complete notebooks and one that is about 1/4 done because I created one for my creative writing class.
But back to the book...
I won't go into details about it but it will partially be based on my father's life...a very, very small part of the book will be based on his life. The majority of it will be fiction. The reason why I need to travel is because traveling is part of the story line and I think it'd be interesting to add whatever strangers I meet on my travels, to the book itself.
I haven't really talked to Ian today. A few text messages here and there. He spent the day with a friend of his out of pure loneliness and boredom. The last I had heard about this friend was that he was trying to steal homeless people's identities or something like that to collect money. Sounds like a real catch.
I find it really strange that I am not allowed to meet his friend...and I know at some point, Ian will read this. I believe that I'll probably dislike him a lot less if I meet him...but there's also a chance that I'll dislike him a lot more if I meet him. Still, just another example of Ian's need to be so secretive. A little weird. Especially after almost a year of dating. At some point, this will be a downfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment