Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sura Thai Bistro and changes in a year.

This restaurant is amazing
Ian took me to Sura ^^ yesterday and it was SO good. Whenever I visit a Thai restaurant for the first time, I always have to try their pad thai so that's what I got. They have a "Crazy Pad Thai" that rocked my face, okay? Let me just start by saying - I love options. I mean, who doesn't? If you have the option between the normal and the...not so normal, and you're at a place for the first time, wouldn't you go for the not so normal?
That's what I did.
I got the Crazy Pad Thai and my choice of meat was...MUSSELS.
Mussels are amazing, if you haven't tried them yet by the way. They can be tricky to cook if they're fresh. Frozen are not as good. I love having them at restaurants because everyone cooks them differently. Some are more fishy, while others have a very heavy garlic and butter flavor to them. Personally...I do not care how my mussels are cooked.
Anyway, pad thai leans a little closer to the sweet side of foods, as opposed to salty like a number of Asian dishes. What was interesting about this dish was that Sura adds MANGO to their pad thai so you get an EXTREMELY sweet flavor mixed in with the choice of meat, the vegetables and the noodles.
I will definitely go back if Ian wants to, which I'm assuming he does since he's been wanting to go here for a while and has been there before.
They also serve sushi, which I'd like to try next time but I completely fell in love with the pad thai so if you live in Chicago, go to their website, write down the address and GO.
I would've posted photos if I'd brought my camera this weekend but sadly, I did not.

Each time I am with Ian, we talk about what we want from our relationship. His lease is up soon. So he will be moving into a one bedroom apartment. The plan has always been that when his lease is up, we'll move in together. In less than a year or so (not exactly sure about the date), Ian's lease expires. He still wants me to move out, even if I don't have a job, which I better have because I will feel completely and utterly useless.
But it's nice that the idea is there. The idea of not having to pack up my stuff every Sunday and pack again on Wednesday night for Thursday. I love being with him and it will be nice when I know I can go out and come home and he'll be there waiting for me.
I want to get a big dog...like a golden retriever or a chocolate lab but I know that golden retrievers shed A LOT. Anyways, I told Ian that it's always been a dream for me to have a dog sleep in the bed with me. Even if it just sleeps at the foot of the bed...I guess having a big pillow for it to sleep on the floor would be ideal as well. It doesn't really matter. I just want a big dog. ...He's snoring again. Two weeks ago, I stayed up really late because he was snoring so loudly..I think I finally went to bed at 4 a.m.
Big things are coming soon, I can feel it.
By the way, yes, I have really enjoyed my time off from the paper and I am totally looking forward to being a student and NOT being on a newspaper. HELLO FREE/STUDY TIME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment