Saturday, May 1, 2010

I'm glad I'm leaving.

I truly am. I can finally get my life back on track. I don't have to walk by the newsroom and feel inclined to go in if I take summer classes. I'm ready to move on. At first I thought I wasn't but I really am.
I thought I'd be sad..
It makes me sad to know that I WANT to leave and that I want to leave for negative reasons.
I'm just tired of all of the BS that happens in that room.
The truth is that things will never change. The kids will always find somebody to talk trash about and at one point in the four years I was on the paper, that was me.
There will always be someone who cries on cue to get sympathy, that was me as well.
There's always going to be that one person who has an outburst during layout at 3 a.m. because the work is not getting done efficiently, me again.
We have ALL been there. Everyone who has put their all into the paper has experienced this pain, anguish and anger over being there so late and working so hard.
I've grown so tired of the whining and the fighting that I've had to put up with from 18 year olds. My biggest piece of advice for them would be to grow up.
They all just need to grow the hell up.
One day soon they will realize that none of this crap is worth fighting about, that they don't NEED to run their mouths about people and that their main goal must and always should be getting the paper out on time.
I'm glad I'm done.
I can finally live my life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment