Sunday, June 13, 2010

Californication

Ian is leaving for California tonight and he isn't coming back until Friday evening. This means that I have to keep myself busy this entire week.
I don't want him to go. I wish that I could go with him on his work trips. I know that I'd end up on my own for the majority of each day but I've always liked exploring and walking around. Hopefully this is the last of his "work" trips for the year. He's going to E3 in L.A.
Tomorrow I'm going to a thrift store with Juan to sell some books, maybe some CDs or vinyl. I'm really running out of money and I'm tired of Ian paying for everything. I feel like such a bum and I don't want him to think that the only reason why I'm in this relationship is so he can pay for me. I'm still searching for jobs like crazy. I'm actually getting ready to apply for three right now. Ugh. Applying for jobs and going on interviews is so frustrating. You get nervous for no reason at all and when you think you got it, you really didn't. I always tell myself that I'm going to go into an interview just being myself...but I freak out and ruin it.
On Tuesday, Juan and I are designing fliers for an editing business Laura and I are starting up. Juan will just be a...worker lol it's going to be very low key because I'm worried it might not work out but it's an easy way to get some "chump change." We'll see what happens and I'll be updating this regularly. Laura and I discovered that we're both really good at editing people's articles/papers for class. I wanted to bring Juan in because he needs money too. We'll each have our own writers to deal with and I'm going to talk to each person individually over the phone to get a grasp of their personality to see which person they are best suited for.
Wednesday I'm going to Volo, Illinois. I used to go there about once a year with my parents until my dad died. I'm going to make it a tradition with my friends now. They have a car museum and antique shops that you could spend hours walking around in.
Thursday night I'm going to Bachelor's Grove, which is supposedly a haunted cemetery in Chicago. We went there twice. Once at night and once during the day. The first time we went there (at night), I freaked out in the back seat of my friend's car. I was crying, I was yelling, I was hysterical. Second time was not so bad because it was during the day but I still got a very eerie feeling. I will be keeping my head down as I walk in the dark this time. I don't want to see any ghosts but I don't mind going along for the ride and the adrenaline rush.
Friday evening Ian comes back...so I'll be spending the day doing laundry and getting ready to go meet up with him at the airport (probably).
I know he thinks he makes me mad all of the time but he doesn't. The more time I spend with him, the more I fall in love with him. Even if we're fighting. And we don't fight as often as others I know. I just don't think I need to write about how I could spend a whole day just laying on his chest, watching tv with him or how I fall asleep while he pushes my hair behind my ears. We do do those things and we do go out but we also argue every now and then.
By the way, yesterday we went to Heaven on Seven. It's a cajun restaurant in Chicago. I haven't been there in a couple years, I used to go with my mom. It was so good. We were both full afterwards..which doesn't happen too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment