Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ups and downs

Ian came back from L.A. Friday night.
It rained. A lot.
I missed him and maybe it's just me but I feel like things have been different since he's come back. Not different in a good way, either.
Last week, my friend Marilyn came over and she basically said that we are so completely different from men. We need to know that we are loved, we need to be reassured of things (and here I thought I was the only one), we need to feel special. And that when we don't get that, we feel like things are rocky.
I should mention that Marilyn is four years younger than me but she knows what she's talking about even though she's only been in like two relationships.
I do feel like things are off.
When he held me, it didn't feel like he missed me or anything. Just that it was an obligation.
I know that I'm wrong and I know that I ask for too much.
Something we'll always struggle with is the fact that he does too much telling and not enough showing.
And eventually I'm going to have to decide if that's something I'll be able to live with.
Most women want the fairy tale and when we don't get it, we can make one of three choices: A. live with it and accept that maybe this is all you get in life, B. leave and keep looking until you find that "prince," or C. talk about it and try changing things.
I'm worried that we're getting into our comfortable mode....where you start acting like an old couple.
I feel annoying when I'm with him sometimes, like he's sick of me and the stupid things I do and say.
Maybe things will sort themselves out as more time passes. I just don't want to get stuck in a routine relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment