Tuesday, June 29, 2010

That one moment.

I know many people who are married...all of them are my relatives.
I've never asked anyone when they knew they wanted to get married for sure/wanted to be with their significant other forever.
Well I have one for the grandkids......or my cousins' grandkids...whichever.
I've known for quite a while that I want to spend the rest of my life with Ian and that one day, I'd like to get married.
But today there was a moment. He is totally oblivious of this and I know he'll read this eventually and ask me about it.
Back to the story.
I was sitting on the porch swing and Ian was fixing a panel on my mom's hot tub. He's always doing little things around the house for her, as do the rest of the men in my life (Miguel, Juan, Samson and so on and so on).
He knelt down on one knee and his boxer briefs were showing and I just knew. :/
I know, this story is horrible.
But I just pictured him kneeling down on one knee asking me to marry him and I wasn't scared or anything. I was happy.
If this does happen, it won't happen for a long time from now I'm sure but.......there was a moment. It was really short but it was there.
Dinner tonight = scrambled eggs. My mom never cooks and it really bothers me. And whenever I cook FOR MYSELF, I get yelled at/she eats it. What the hell. So...I am waiting for her to get into bed so I can make some eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment