Saturday, December 25, 2010

Ian and the holidays

There are times when I question whether or not Ian and I are good for one another, whether we should stay together or just break it off and go our separate ways, and then there are times when I don't know what I would do without him.
Even though we fight about stupid things, which I am usually responsible for, he's always there when I need him.
When my family ignores me and makes it clear that they don't need or want me around, he's there.
When my mom is yelling at me about something that I didn't do, he's there.
When I feel like I'm totally being taken for granted by everyone, he finds a way to turn it all around.

I'm thankful that I have him and Juan and Miguel and all of my other friends who are always there for me even if I'm not always there.
For the first time in a while, I actually sat down and talked to my mom. I always try to avoid conversation with her but I found a way to talk to her without wanting to rip her face off.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you and your friends enjoyed the holiday time together... Sometimes friends are more like family and family can feel like strangers... I'm glad you have good friends to be grateful for.
    Katy

    ReplyDelete