Monday, December 6, 2010

sleep

I hate sleeping without you.
In fact, the reason why I think I stay up so late on the nights I'm home is because you're not here with me. By the time I finally get into my bed, I'm beyond exhausted - it usually takes about 30 - 60 seconds for me to fall asleep. Typically, it should take a person anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes to fall asleep.
I wake up in the middle of the night and reach out but you aren't there.
Whenever I sleep at your apartment, I'll reach out. If I can't feel you, I open my eyes really fast and pull you close to me and kiss you, even if it means waking you up for a few seconds.
Sometimes I wonder if you're glad I'm not there sleeping next to you because it means that no one will steal your blankets, push you off/hog the bed or use the "good" pillows.

I don't want to go to sleep because I know you're not going to be next to me in the morning, snoring like a monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment