Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ian's kitten


I don't know if I mentioned the fact that I purchased a kitten for Ian a couple weeks ago as an early Christmas present...so here's the story.
I found an ad on craigslist - a woman was trying to sell two kittens she could no longer care for. One was a tabby and one was orange. I emailed her and she told me that the orange one was still available. He was cute. Both are only six months old.
Throughout the next two days, the woman and I kept corresponding as she told me about his health, where she got him from, that he had been taken to the vet, what his eating habits were like, how active and how laid back he was, etc.
Finally the day arrived for me to be able to come and see him. She wasn't home. It was snowing. It was cold. Ian and I were standing outside for like 40 minutes. Then she goes "oh wait...let me see if my roommate is home."
.........THANKS.
We get inside and the orange cat gets really skiddish around Ian. Then we see this smaller tabby cat.
"Oh...I thought he was getting adopted?" I asked.
"Is he?? As far as I know he still needs a home...do you want me to find out?" Roommate asked.
Sure, I said.
Turns out that the tabby cat still needs a home. While we are attempting to get the orange cat into the crate, the tabby cat goes in all by himself and just makes himself at home on top of the towels. He doesn't run away from Ian, he lets us hold him, rubs up against us. Meanwhile, the orange one was just like "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? WHAT ARE THEY DOING HERE???" Needless to say, he was freaking out.
The roommate tells us that even though there is someone INTERESTED in adopting the tabby cat, he still needs a home so Ian and I decide to steal him instead.
We felt bad for the orange cat but he was just really skiddish and wasn't into the idea of going home with us. Meanwhile, his brother was excited and lovable.
He's doing really well. Already growing a lot and I think that the owner was feeding him people food since he's always trying to eat whatever I have in my hands and will sometimes stick his nose up at the food we bought him.
His name is Flynn and he's adorable. I get so excited when I go over to see Ian because now I have two reasons to go over there. He always ends up on my left side when I sleep there..I always find him underneath the blanket using my leg as a pillow/heating pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment