Monday, January 10, 2011

It is always interesting to hear what Ian has to say about the first time we met. As many times as we've discussed it, I don't think either of us ever gets tired of hearing one another's first impressions.
I have a friend who's going through a tough time right now. He says practically everyone he knows is in a relationship. I have been there and I also know that that's not a good reason to get into a relationship and I have unfortunately made the mistake of jumping into one just because I wanted to be like everybody else.
I just hope that my friend knows that I'm here and that I'll always be here. I also know for a fact that there are a bunch of people who are just as supportive, if not more than me.
I love Ian. We have good times and bad times. We always find a way to get through the rough patches. When I broke up with him for a day, as short a time that was, it really brought some perspective into my life. I thought "maybe I don't REALLY need him" as I walked out of his building, crying, listening to depressing music. I cried the whole night. I cried myself to sleep. I cried the next day. And what kept making me cry was the fact that I knew I wouldn't have someone to fall asleep with anymore, I wouldn't have someone's hand to hold anymore, I wouldn't be able to kiss him anymore or feel his embrace. I knew and still know that I do need him in my life.
We got lucky. Well, I got lucky. He puts up with a lot of nonsense from me and I really should be more thankful. I'm trying, but it's difficult.
We are moving forward with the...move. We're moving in together in April and we're going to start looking at places and making appointments later this month. I've been waiting almost a year for this so I'm excited.

...My mom is watching The Cape. We watched it last night. It was poopy.

No comments:

Post a Comment