Sunday, January 23, 2011

moving on up...hopefully.

I told my mother that I'm moving out in March/April.
She cried. As usual.
She says she's supportive of me and all of that but who knows what she's really going to do or say to my family.
She's not going to stop me or hold me down this time.
My mother and I have never gotten along and there have been so many instances when I wished I was somewhere else. I specifically remember being around 13 years old, after getting into a huge argument with my parents, I sat in my room in the dark and closed my eyes and imagined that I was placed in a home with loving parents and a brother or sister to give me advice and hang out with me.
When I tell the majority of people about the dynamic between my mom and I, they don't understand it. There are always a small percentage of people who get it...I mean...they REALLY get it. I always thought I was alone in this but as an adult, I have realized that we all lean on each other for support and that's what helps me get through things.
I need boxes...lots and lots of boxes. I wish I didn't love books and movies so much, my moving life would be a lot easier.
I'm really excited now. Ian is a nervous wreck but I'm ecstatic. Things are going to be so much better for us and I really can't wait to start the next chapter of my life with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment