Wednesday, December 28, 2011

decided to do a survey

A: Who do you like and Why? This sounds like the type of question a 14 year old girl would ask.
B: Have you ever been in love? If yes, how many times, and how do you know it was love?
I believe that now is the time I'm really in love. We fight sometimes, mostly about stupid things but I think that's what love is about. I don't think that I would be happy in a relationship where things are going smoothly ALL OF THE TIME. By nature, I'm a very difficult person so I will always need to have difficult relationships. At one point, I thought I was in love with my best friend but I think it was more about the fact that I knew nothing could happen and once I admitted how I felt, the feeling basically - more or less, went away. I also recognized that even if those feelings were returned, I could never be with someone who avoided so much in life. I still love him, in a different way and I probably always will even if we were to lose touch or something.
C: Longest relationship you've ever been in, and why did it end? Still in the longest relationship I've ever been in.
D: Have you ever changed for someone, if yes, how? I've changed my ways, but not the person that I am. I feel like this is something that a lot of people get confused about. I have no problem changing certain things that I do that I know can be improved but Ian has never asked me to stop being honest or to stop being so outspoken. He's never asked me to stop making sarcastic remarks because he knows that that's the person I am. If someone asks you to change your personality because they claim to love you, then what is there to change?
G: Have you ever cheated? No because I have been cheated on so many times and while those relationships happened when I was a teenager or before I was even 21, it still hurt. A lot. I'll probably never fully recover from all of the disappointment I dealt with in those relationships and I'll never truly understand what it was that I did that made them stray.
H: Would you date someone who's known for cheating, if yes why? Probably not. It's a question that I ask every man I decide to date. Sometimes I'd like and say I'd cheated before as well, just to get an honest answer out of them. I'm not going to say that cheating is something I will tolerate but I do think that if it happened in my relationship with Ian, we would find a way to work through it.
I: What's the most important part of a relationship? I guess trust and being able to make the other person laugh. Just being happy with each other. You can't be happy without some humor and trust in the other person.
J: Do you like to be in serious relationships or just flings? Serious relationships. A few guys I dated in the past were just looking for flings and that was the point where I decided to break away.
K: When you are dating someone do you believe in going on "breaks"? Absolutely not. I have seen many, many friends go on breaks and the majority of them stopped being with that person they were originally with. Ian wanted to take a break once this past summer and I told him that it was either I stay or I go. For me, taking a break is like taking a step backwards. I just want to keep moving forward.
L: Who do you have messages from in your phone? Ian, Samson, Colin, Juan, some of my cousins. Basic people I talk to on a week to week basis.
M: What's one thing you regret saying or not saying, doing or not doing in a previous relationship? I regret continuously putting up with bullshit from men. I regret saying I love you because they basically forced me to or saying it and not really meaning it.
N: What age do you think is appropriate for kids to start having sex? When they're not kids anymore. A friend of mine is doing student teaching at an elementary school and one of the students already has a baby...that freaks me out. It is one of the reasons why I don't want to have kids. I think when you're in a stable relationship (which is hard to come by in high school) and you think you're mature enough..which should be around 17 or 18.
O: Do you believe in the phrase, "Age is just a number?" Why or why not? No. It's not just a number. It also comes down to how we think at certain ages. Like how we think we know everything when we're 15, 16.
P: What about "Love at first sight"? Why or why not? No. It's a purely physical thought.
Q: Turn on's? Being honest, being funny, not having any fear in being honest or funny, laughing at yourself, being spontaneous, taking initiative.
R: Turn off's? being lazy, not keeping things clean, being closed up and not wanting to talk to anyone about anything, being dishonest, cheating/thinking about cheating, making people think that your partner is someone that they're not (in a bad way)
S: What do you consider a deal breaker? bathing etiquette.
T: How do you know it's time to end a relationship? I don't know. I ended my past relationships because I knew I had to, for myself.
U: Are you currently in a relationship? If yes, for how long? If no, how long have you been single? We've been together for almost 2 and 1/2 years.
V: Do you think people who have dated can stay friends? yeah. at least, that's what I'm trying to do right now.
W: Do you think people should date their friends? I used to think that was the best way to start a relationship. Starting out as friends could have a lot of perks but I also think that people worry that they will lose that friendship if the relationship ends. For me, I know that I would always want that person in my life and I would also know them well enough to know that they could never truly hurt me the way others have. I think that's why, in the past, I wanted so badly to be with certain guy friends because I knew that they were good people.
X: How many relationships have you had? Between 5 and 8.
Y: Do you think love can last forever? No.
Z: Do you believe love can conquer all things? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment