Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 26 (I'M ALMOST DONE!!!)

Day 26: What you think about your friends

Without my friends, old and new(er), I would not have survived. The teasing in high school made life almost unbearable but I had friends who helped me get through each day and eventually, I had friends who were older and protected me from bullies. I had people in my life who came and went but I'm grateful for the times they were in my life because I know for a fact that without each and every one of them, I wouldn't be who I am today.
There was one point in my life where I abandoned all of my friends because their lives were taking directions that I didn't want to go in. I don't do drugs and I never did and they were all "experimenting." Most of those people still do drugs, by the way.
I don't know if I have the courage I had back then...when I was 15 or 16 years old.
I'm 23 and it's so hard for me to let go.
The close friends that I have now, I can picture having in my life forever.
Juan is the only friend I have who doesn't make me feel stupid or immature, even if what I'm doing or saying is stupid or immature.
Samson and I share a lot of the same thoughts when certain things or people are brought up and I've always felt like "why do I gotta be the bad guy alone?" until I became friends with him. I'll never forget the summer where he convinced me to walk home from school almost every day and we'd talk about religion, death, people, music, etc.
While most of the time, I do not agree with what Laura does or says, there are these moments when her and I will both be thinking the same exact thing. There are also times when one convinces the other to open their eyes a little and see the bigger picture. We've always done well in the compromising department and to me, that's the most important part of a friendship. You gotta be willing to bend a little.
Miguel is my best friend. He has been there for me for years. He was the first person I called when my dad died and he was the first person at my house. He came with me to say goodbye to my dad and held me when I felt completely alone. He stuck by me when I fell into a deep and dark depression. And even though we don't make enough time for each other, he always forgives me and is always there for me.
Ian's also become my best friend. I realize that I am not the easiest person to get along with and that sometimes it's really difficult to get things out of me - this is why my mom and I don't see eye to eye. I can always talk to him, though. He's always the first person I want to talk to when I've had a bad or good day.

I think that all of my closer friends have certain qualities about themselves that I see in myself or characteristics that I even got because of them. I have had so many people walk out on me or hurt me and I really believe that the people above will always be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment