Friday, July 8, 2011

Getting a grasp on our finances

I feel like we are starting to catch a break. The other day, Comcast turned off the cable and internet so for the past two days we've been watching blu rays and dvds.
This overwhelming feeling took over me. Again. I wanted to help Ian. I wish I could just write him an endless amount of checks. I wish I had enough money to take care of both of us.
Unfortunately, because of my crappy job, it was damn near impossible to save money let alone have enough money to pay the portion of the rent he wanted.
Now that I have a stable schedule and more money coming in, I'm hoping it will be easier for me to save money for emergencies and school. I want to go back to school, even if it's just at night. I just want to say "I finished."
I'm doing well at my job and they want to promote me in a couple of months so I really am going to be able to work my way up.
With my first paycheck, I was able to buy some clothes. I love shopping because I never get to do it. The last time I bought myself some clothes was about a year ago and all I bought were a few pair of jeans.
I wish we could get to that point where we don't tell people "we can't go out to dinner because we don't have any money" or "we need to pay our rent and we'll be broke so we can't go out here."

The good thing is that Comcast (probably) credited Ian's account - they were originally charging him for the apartment we currently live at AND his old one so all of the money they made him pay off, they probably transferred to this new account. Hopefully.
I need to go to the bank and get checkbooks.
It's hard being an adult. I wish I could go back to being a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment