Monday, July 11, 2011

We had a very nice weekend. On Saturday, Ian and I went over to my mom's house, did some swimming, my mom and Julio came back with tacos for us. We spent the rest of the evening watching bad movies.
Yesterday I cleaned parts of the apartment - I really enjoy cleaning now that I don't have to do it for a living. Juan came over and we played Rockband 2 for a couple of hours and went to Jewel to pick up some groceries and dinner for the three of us.
My boss revealed to me this morning that the girl I work with will no longer be working here after today because she always comes in late, returns late from her lunch breaks and has missed a few days already and she's only been here for a month. I told my boss that I don't really think this job is a priority to her and that she probably doesn't take it seriously.
He asked me if I knew anyone so I'm going to give him Juan's resume later on today. I really hope that Juan gets the job because I know that he will take it seriously because both of us know what it's like to struggle and that's the reason why we work so hard when we do find employment. Hopefully my boss will like Juan because he can't live on unemployment for the rest of his life or continue working in the food service industry.
Today I got stuck in the horrible rain. I was sitting on the bus when it just started to pour, miserably. So the whole backside of me is completely soaked or was, currently drying off. My shoes on the other hand are still wet and I really don't want to wear them right now. Hopefully they'll be dry by the end of today.
My mom got her engagement ring on Saturday and it's really pretty. I'm happy for her and I'm excited about helping her plan her wedding. We already picked out her dress and my dress. Mine is made out of chiffon material. And soon I'll be going shoe shopping. I'm really excited about ordering the flowers and decorating the reception area.
Next weekend is going to be a busy one. My baby cousin is turning 1 and I can't wait to go clothes shopping for her. And then on Sunday, we're going down South to visit some of Ian's relatives and his mom's friend who is moving out of state.
I'm over summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment