Friday, September 16, 2011

probiotics

One of my bosses has three small children at home.
All three of them have a cold so now he has one.
...I work with three people, in an office that is the size of my dining room.
If I get sick, I'll be terribly upset. I don't function when I'm sick. I feel like death. And then I become paranoid that if I'm sick and I get someone else sick - when I am well, will they then get me sick again?
If there is anything I hate about fall and winter, it's people getting colds.
I'm for sure going to stop by Walgreens tonight and pick up a couple of bottles of probiotics to help keep my immune system up. Sure, it helps that I'm working out regularly every week to stay healthy but I just don't want to catch anyone's cold lol.
I also do not get flu shots because a lot of people fail to realize that you're injecting the illness into your body - which is why you get the "symptoms" afterwards. I've been relatively lucky with not getting too sick for the past year so hopefully I can keep that up. I know that Ian always gets sick when the weather changes. One year, I got sick and I gave him my cold. He has a pretty low immune system because he eats poorly and doesn't exercise. I may try and convince him to start taking probiotics, even if I have to secretly put them into his food. We're having a dinner date at Flat Top Grill later. I know it's not one of his favorite places but he gets to eat as much as he wants so that's why he's almost always willing to go when I suggest it.

No comments:

Post a Comment