Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 1 of coconut oil treatment

Last night I started using the Vatika coconut oil for my hair. The fragrance is really strong...and it's not what I expected. I didn't do too much research in how to apply the coconut oil but I'll be trying different things. I put the bottle under some warm water because coconut oil becomes a solid in colder temperatures. The bad thing is that it started to leak out of the bottle even though I had the lid closed tight. I ended up putting the bottle in a ziplock bag this morning.
After the coconut oil was more liquid-y, I applied it with my finger tips and just rubbed it into my scalp, mostly in the problem areas which are the top and front parts of my head. Because I didn't buy a shower cap, I used a plastic bag lol. I tied it really tight and could feel it getting warmer. I let it sit for about half an hour (when I do it again tomorrow, I may leave it in for an hour) and then washed it out with Aveda shampoo. I read that you should not use conditioner because it'll make your hair even more greasy, which was completely true because even after I rinsed out the coconut oil with my shampoo, my hair was very soft and it felt as if I'd already conditioned it.
This morning my hair was REALLY soft and fluffy. I always wake up with bed head in the morning because I toss and turn a lot. Usually, my hair is really greasy in the morning from using product the day before if I chose to blow dry it but today it had a lot of volume and it was really shiny. Me = very happy.
I washed my hair again this morning and conditioned it, which I think was a mistake. It's more greasy than I'd prefer. Maybe it just feels greasy to me even though it's not because it's so soft. I'm happy with the first day results. I should also note that I noticed a lot less hair shedding. I'll be treating my hair three times a week with the coconut oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment