Friday, August 19, 2011

Why can't I be happy?

I'm fairly certain that there's something wrong with me, that's why.
Too many people have crapped on my life or left me and I've ended up as this jaded, introverted, judgmental person.
But I do want to be happy and silly and young and beautifully naive the way I'm supposed to be at this age.
I have my highs and my lows. It's not so much that I think about my father's death and what it did to me, but I do stop and think about all of the things that make me unhappy. I get to a point where I've been thinking so much about the bad that I fall into this hole (figuratively speaking) and I just hide inside of it, crying, mad, sad, feeling completely misunderstood like a 15-year-old girl whose parents won't let her get her way.
I really do feel that I've made him too important to me...that I don't spend enough time enjoying other things in life...I have one person I'd do literally, ANYTHING for and he's my entire world. It's an issue. I recognize that now.
He'll still remain important to me but I think that in order for him to still find me adorable and lovable and irresistable, I have to have my own life and I have to learn how to enjoy things again...and I don't mind learning to embrace my own life and being happy with it, with him by my side. But I want to watch a movie and NOT wonder if Ian is thinking about the woman's boobs or butt. I want to not care. It's sad that I care that much. Who cares.
A woman that he "works" with and I are very similar...when I'm happy. And I think I'm afraid that he'll leave me for her because she has things that I don't.
I know I can be happy again. As soon as I stop depending on someone else to make me happy..

No comments:

Post a Comment